Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Foo Fighters and Food Fighters:

We went to see the Foo Fighters at the Scottrade Center on Sunday night. It was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen - even the opening act "Supergrass" put on a great show. We missed the pre-opening act "Year Long Disaster", but they were barely even mentioned in the reviews so no big loss.

I tried a new parking strategy this time, which didn't work out very well. We decided to park at Union Station, and grab some dinner before the show. We rolled in around 6PM, only to find out that the mall and the food court apparently closes at 6 on Sunday night. Also, there had been an afternoon Cardinals game, so there were quite a few people there that came to eat after the game.

We first went to the Hard Rock Cafe, and found a long line, with little organization so we moved on to Landry's. Landry's was full, but we were seated in short order. $60 later for 4 appetizers and ice tea, I was wishing that we just went on to the Scottrade and had $5 hot dogs. My ace in the hole was that Landry's would at least validate the parking ticket (I thought). However, when I asked at the hostess stand to get my ticket validated, I was told that they don't do it, and even the employees have to pay to park. No wonder that Union Station is circling the drain.

Here are a couple reviews I found of the show:

Riverfront Times

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

No comments: